The US water infrastructure needs urgent upgrading. The Flint emergency shows just how badly deteriorated Americas water infrastructure has become.
Senate Environment and Public Works Chairman James Inhofe (R-Okla.) called on federal investment in water infrastructure to help Americans combat costly resolutions to water and sewer issues during a hearing on Thursday.
Inhofe in his opening statement also pointed to private investment to fill in funding gaps.
“WIFIA loans provide only 49% of project costs, so where does the funding come from if the remaining 51% cannot be raised through municipal bonds?” he said. “We need to increase support for small rural communities who simply can’t afford the investments that EPA wants them to make and need technical support to keep up with all the federal mandates.”
infraccess - smart data for infrastructure